Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sorry, man

Dearest Readers,

I am not in a good way right now.  Contemplation of one's own mortality is never fun, especially when you are hit in the face with news that someone your own age whom you know passed away.  Such has been the case today, dearest readers.

Cause of death is uncertain at this point.  All I know is that there was no reason to take his life on his own and he has been living the straight and narrow.  We grew up together.  Our dad's are best of friends and I really don't know if what I am feeling is sorrow for his dad, my father's sorrow for his friend and child, or my sorrow and anger for losing someone I let fall out of my life at some point.

All I know is that I hate this feeling of hatred, anger, and supreme sadness I feel right now for someone who was precocious, funny and talented.  Sometimes, dearest reader, I truly hate this world for its arbitrary nature.  The idea that so many contribute little to nothing and reap the rewards makes me sick.  Yet, I can't fault them for how things work.  They are using an advantage to their favor as anyone would, and I realize that they are just a target for an anger I can't explain over an incident I am having difficulty reconciling.

I hope none of you have to go through this.  If you have, I am truly sorry that you did.  Be good to each other.

As always,
BKoM

No comments: