Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The World is Free

Dearest Readers,

Today at 10 in the morning, I became divorced.  This has been a long and arduous process trying to figure out my feelings, contemplating my navel, allowing myself to be manipulated, etc, etc, etc. What a letdown the proceeding was.

I knew former BQoM wouldn't show up.  She never responded to any of the court papers or the attorney phone calls.  Why would I expect that she would show up today? Because I am a fatalist and pessimistic, that's why.  But, it turned out for the good.  I actually feel lucky that we never had kids or bought a house or invested money together.  I got to see first hand what that looked like this morning in the cases before mine.  Saw a guy give a lawyer $10k in cash for 10 minutes in front of a judge and the lawyer let him dangle in the wind.  What a sorry fucker.

As for me, I feel that I went above and beyond the call of duty here.  I made efforts to stay in communication; when she needed a retreat, my door was open; when she needed help, I offered. So now I am here in my palatial imitation apartment with the afternoon free to plan, scheme, or just contemplate my navel.  For the moment, I am frozen with indecisiveness.  There is so much I want to do, and say, and tell people.  How much they have helped me; how thankful I am to have them in my life and then return to it when things got ugly.  "The only word I had was WOW."

Readers, this has been so cathartic for me, and I feel selfish for it.  I owe you a bunch of trips with kick-ass food pics...or at least snarky comments about a restaurant.  Thanks for your readership.  The kid's gonna be ok.

As always,
Your humblest of servants,
BKoM (solo)

1 comment:

Lance Christian Johnson said...

I was about to say "Sorry to hear about this" but that didn't quite seem right. I guess I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through this whole experience, but I'm glad to hear that you seem to be moving on from it.