Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Holy Shit!

Dearest Readers,

This has been an interesting couple of days.  First I had the opportunity to head to Columbus, OH.  A city so great they named an explorer after it.  The trip was pretty good and had the chance to meet an interesting woman on the flight home.  Then today, one of my brothers got into a pretty serious auto accident.  He was plowed into as he pulled out of a parking lot.  He was hit with enough force that his car rolled over 3 times.  My response to this news also doubles as the title to this post.

Apparently, he was knocked unconscious and has some minor injuries, but he was able to walk away mostly unscathed.  His vehicle is another story.  At this point, no one seems to know what became of his car as he was taken by ambulance to the hospital and the car was moved after that.  He's not allowed to do this to me.  I already lost my mom unexpectedly several years ago (not car related).  I can't lose any of my brothers that way too.  The idea that I could outlive any of my brothers scares the living hell out of me.

On a brighter note, Mr. Clay came by on Saturday evening to hang out, have a couple of really nice beers, and pizza.  We went pretty simple on the pie.  It was a pre-made crust with a homemade sauce and a blend of cheeses.  Overall, a fun evening of sitting around talking and enjoying weather that was comfortable enough to sit outside.  Here's the pie:

So friends from the corner of the Earth, this is what I've been doing with myself for the last couple of days.  About halfway through a book that probably needs a substantial post once I'm done with it.  Until next time, Dearest Reader, you were always my favorite.

No comments: