Saturday, August 4, 2012

That was an interesting day.  I've had an odd feeling about everything that occurred; I've felt like I've been standing outside myself.  Absolutely nothing about today had any context to my current life and situation.  Today was like that episode in a TV series that suddenly and without warning airs an episode about a supporting character.  Sort of like all the actors playing the main characters went on vacation so the writers had to scramble and come up with a random episode about a tertiary character.  Then the next week nothing is referenced about that episode.

This was a stand-alone day. Nothing leading up to today had any bearing to what happened today and nothing upcoming related (as far as I know right now) to anything that happened today.  Seemed totally singular.  There was nothing particularly stressful about it or difficult or sad. Today felt removed, like I sort of took things off of auto pilot for a bit. 

Right now it's getting late for me. I used to laugh at 10:30, but these days Saturday night is the loneliest night of the week.  I did make a kick ass sandwich today though.  Didn't think to photo it before attacking. This was not a top-10 in the pantheon of sandwiches, but it was pretty fucking good.  The roast beef was nice and lean and I had some deli Swiss, toasted fresh bread, fresh lettuce and tomato, and a wonderful horseradish mayo.

You thought I was going to forget the bacon, didn't you? Oh, there was bacon dear reader. Know this to be true.  

I am also well into reading The Hitman's Guide to Housecleaning.  So far, I have to say it's a good read.  Funny and irreverent. I've come across several books that messed with me recently.  The 7 Days of Peter Crumb disturbed me at points.  I wasn't prepared for it. It's been a while since I've read a book that was so blunt. I'm glad I read it. A reader shaking of the Etch-a-Sketch is a good thing.  Kind of like a cleansing of the palate when eating something good or a fresh piece of paper to do with what you want. 

I would make grand promises to those of you who don't read this blog.  I would say sorry I haven't written and make grand promises to write more, but since you aren't reading this it would be an empty and self-serving exercise. Instead, I will gift you the photo of Bionic Bigfoot and Lee Majors in the second greatest Bigfoot photo captured.  Good night non readers.

No comments: