Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Ghosts of the Past

Dearest Readers,
It should have been a glorious North Texas day.  Crystal blue skies, about 75 degrees for the high, a light wind.  When I woke up that morning, something didn't feel right.  One of those moments when you just know the clown is going to pop out of the box.

I was doing my normal husbandly duties.  Grocery shopping, bottle of wine for dinner, etc.  I reached into the glove compartment of the car (does anyone actually put gloves in there?) and then shit came unraveled.

You see, when you find a motel receipt in the car, you get curious.  When you get curious, you start looking.  Unfortunately what you find is not pleasant.  Nothing about that day seemed right from the beginning. I don't know why I am writing this other than to say that I can write about it now.  Pain is something we all go through, and mine is now better or worse than anyone else's.  I guess I just needed to say it aloud and let it be what it is...in the past.

Be good to each other and let's be safe out there.

As always,
BKoM

No comments: