Friday, May 3, 2013

I said LDS not LSD

Dearest Readers,

As the title obtusely implies, I have been to the land of Mormon.  That's the one Salt Lake City, Utah.  A city so great, they named a gigantic lake of salt water after it.  Here's downtown if you've never been:


So there's that.

One nice thing about this trip compared to my previous forays to this distant and foreign land is that it didn't snow.  The weather was really nice.  At this point, you may be wondering why in May this would shock me. The fact is that I have only ever been there in February or some such nonsense month and the place has always been covered with snow.  It was nice to see the town in another (read warmer) seasonal context.

Granted I was only there about 18 hours or so, but it was cool to see the place through a rental car windshield without snow being prominently involved.  The greater SLC is beautiful.  See below:


See? Told you so.  My only complaint about the city and state is that it's the least diverse place I've ever been.  Even Boise is has more cultural communities.  Overall though, it's a quaint and friendly place, if a bit Stepford Wives-ish.  The result is nothing on the food front worth mentioning.  Sorry, I know not where I travel (or have a choice).

As always,
Your humblest of servants,
BKoM

No comments: