Monday, December 31, 2012

Post Holiday Aftermath...Almost

Dearest Readers,

We have almost made it through the holidays.  We will soon be past the New Year's Day lounging and gorging and back to what we do best:  kicking a lot of ass.  This holiday season was a strange one in the BKoM household.  Starting with Thanksgiving and going right on through the Christmas/New Year dead week, this has been a holiday season unlike any in recent memory.

I got the chance to reconnect with old friends whom I haven't seen, and in some cases have heard from, in years.  It's funny how these folks came back into my life right as I was taking the biggest step in recent memory by filing for divorce after many years of separation.  It's as if they knew to be here without knowing my situation.  Very cool.

Speaking of my pending divorce former BQoM shit a pony when she got the divorce papers.  Your author was subjected to some pretty evil text messages and threats, dearest readers.  She unloaded on me for like an hour and a half, but it really didn't phase me.  It was more of a relief than anything to know that it's underway.  This needs to get done for my own sanity.  I just can't live that life of stasis any longer. In fact, I wasn't living a life at all.  I spoke to someone about her reaction who is outside of the situation and the response was "Why the hell does she care? She's already moved on, why can't she let you?" I honestly didn't have an answer.

I actually got to take some time off over the holidays, too which also seemed strange to me. Normally, the week before Christmas I am working at the most ill-timed awards event ever.  This year it's in March for 3 days so voila, I got a week of my life back.  Although, last year I did get to see a private concert by Earth, Wind and Fire which was awesome.  Wind seemed a bit of a diva though.

This year the holiday spirit just wasn't coming to the forefront.  I guess that I'm just tired of excitement and would like a semblance of normalcy, though I don't think my life has been normal for a long time and it's not like things just turn around overnight.

I didn't intend for this to be one of those end of year posts that is thankful for all I have, though I suppose that's what it's turned into.  Forgive me, dearest readers.  I know not what I write.  Despite the decidedly abnormal year, I am pretty lucky.  I have a job I enjoy doing, my brothers and dad, someone I care for very deeply, an ass load of airline miles that I am going to use this year for a real vacation, a decent palatial imitation apartment and a bad ass cat who lets me stay in said apartment.  I also have you, dearest readers.  This has been an endless source of entertainment for me, and I hope to bring the heat with this mutha over the coming year. Overall, not a bad way to end up the year.  I am better off than when the year started and that's the first time I've been able to say that on an almost universal level in years.

Here's hoping you all have a safe and wonderful New Year.  Thanks so much for taking your time to read what I have to say.  I am honestly shocked.

As always.
Your humblest of servants,
BKoM 

No comments: