Saturday, September 22, 2012

Dearest readers,

I hope this post finds you happy and well.  As your guide through this little corner of the universe, I want to assure you that things are going completely as unplanned.  Funny how life throws you a change up when you are expecting a fastball.  I hate not being able to read people.  Doesn't happen too frequently, but it does happen.

Today, for example, a great work friend's son went in for pretty significant surgery.  For illustrative purposes only, we'll call my work friend Nigel.  Nigel and I are years apart.  He being older and me being less bald...and short.  Nigel is also very much involved with his church (of which I don't have), has been a church manager (not sure about those designations), and is mostly conservative across the board.

Somehow, it works for him.  I guess because he is one of the most transparent people you would ever meet and yet he has a self critical side that is so often missing in so many people I meet every day.  Long story short, Nigel told me some time ago that he prayed for me every night.  I felt that as being such a significant point in our friendship, despite where I am spiritually, that I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed.

So today, I get a couple of messages from Nigel.  Turns out the operation was a success and his son will be okay.  I guess I am always stunned by the fact that people share things with me.  I was at lunch when the text came in and all I could say in response was "awesome".  Doesn't seem like a great friend.

Not sure why this came into my mind other than I am always taken aback by the friends who trust and me, depend on me and/or value my opinion.  I just needed to write this down.

 Have a great night dear readers, and hold your kiddos tight.  I don't like the idea of anything affecting you the way it did my friend.  Sleep well. 

No comments: