Saturday, September 27, 2008

Donald E Westlake & 361

Okay, I know it's been awhile, but I just finished Westlake's 361 for probably the 4th time (I am a huge rereader). Here's the thing. If you like noir, crime, revenge (who doesn't), and a heavy dash of the down-and-out, you will love this book.

As you may or may not know, I am an old-fashioned kind of guy. I will choose a sub-par black and white movie over a new release every day of the week and twice on Sunday. I like wearing suits and ties and if I could wear a hat without looking like a douche bag I would wear one every day. That said this book is the shit.

It has everything you could possibly want (except explicit sex{though there is a great scene in the lawyer's office} and overt humor {though there are some great turns of phrase}). I don't want to give it away but it is about a guy who gets released from the military and his dad picks him up. On their way home his father is shot in an apparent 60's drive by and he starts to investigate. Great effing book. Sorry it took so long to post since Durante, but I needed inspiration and I finally found it. New post comig soon.

No comments: